Woman Files $14 million Lawsuit in Oregon stating abuse by a retired priest.
The Catholic Sentinel confirms the filing of a lawsuit from a woman stating abuse by a retired priest. I know this priest and I pray the accusations are false. The reason why I'm sending this at all is for any other women who suffered from abuse from a cleric or otherwise and have remained silent. She needs our prayers. He needs prayers.
As a rape survivor (not involving a cleric) of serial rapists at age 18, I finally spoke to my two friends this year, who were also involved. It has been since 1966 and we never really talked about it, through the trial and line-ups.
It was told to me by a professional that part of you dies after an attack. All three of us have various demons we live with. It lingers forever and no one should ever go through any abuse alone.
Questions regarding woman who believes she has been violated by a priest.
- What do you think a woman should do in this case?
- We need to protect all parties involved, but how?
- What is the priests role?
- Since he is in most cases a pastor does he need to still be a shepherd.
- What about the Archdiocese?
- We have Ember Days to pray for those abused, yet does the Archbishop treat even delusional people with respect?