Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stand up for Life/Bill Diss NOW: Special Prayers & Actions Requested

Dear Advocates for Life, Here is a forward from Janice Donahue, who put together the Life is Sacred Conference last year, who puts into words what's going on in a nutshell, thanks Janice. Please send a fax, make a phone call, or whatever the Dear Lord moves you to do in an effort to help Bill in his hour of need. Information below. God Bless, Carolyn ********************************************************************************************************************** Dear Friends, As you may know, Bill Diss has nearly single handedly led the fight against planned parenthood's new mega-abortion clinic on MLK Blvd. THat's in his private life. In his working life, he is a high school teacher for Portland Public Schools. He keeps those parts of his life separate, but planned parenthood is a dirty fighter. No surprise, they've had dirty hands since the beginning of their formation. Now they want to get Bill Diss in trouble in his teaching career. We know Portland is ruled by forces that do not appreciate the sacredness of human life. The union supports Bill and last I knew, we still had First Amendment rights. Would you please consider saying such, or whatever you think best, to support BIll? Time is of the essence. They've rushed a hearing on him for this Wednesday. Our voices must be heard. Thanks, Janice Begin forwarded message: From: Bill Diss Date: February 16, 2009 2:57:29 PM PST To: Bill Diss Subject: Special Prayers & Actions Requested Beloved, I hope and pray all is well with you. * I could use some prayers and special help as Planned Parenthood has filed charges against me to try and get my teaching license revoked. I have to appear before the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2009 at 4:30pm. Planned Parenthood likes teachers to be more like this and of course one of their supporters, Charles Wilhoite, is very involved at Jesuit High. They are also very involved with the little children in Eugene. My lawyer has recommended that you folks write letters of support for me. I apologize for this diversion. Our project is about the babies and our youth and not about me, but nevertheless I need a little extra help. My hearing is Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 4:30pm. If you could send letters to the following: George Finch Coordinator of Professional Practices Teacher Standards and Practices Commission 465 Commercial St NE Salem, OR 97301-3414 Phone: (503) 373-1192 Fax: (503) 378-3758 George.T.Finch@state.or.us The letters or faxes need to arrive by Wednesday. If you send out the letter by late Monday or early Tuesday it should arrive at TSPC by Wednesday. My lawyer is really concerned that the starting point is that I am guilty. The following exchange shows TSPC's attitude: (My letter sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:59 PM) Dear Mr. Ortiz, I have been very ill lately with some arthritis in my knees and was out for the last week. One of my fellow teachers thinks I should just send you a short email of what happened that day. I like his idea as travel is difficult for me. If you still would like to meet me and my attorney, could you give me your available dates in February and then I can check my schedule and my attorney. God Bless You, Bill Diss 503-334-6183 (TSPC's response sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 8:39 AM) Mr. Diss, Your teacher friend is not under investigation - you are. The Commission and/or its representative (me in this case) will notify you as to when, where and how you may answer the complaint against you. In this case, an interview with a Commission investigator, me. It's your choice to participate or not. But remember what I wrote in my notification letter to you: "If you or your attorney do not contact me within the requested time period, you may be charged with failure or refusal by an educator under investigation to respond to requests for information or participate in interviews with a Commission representative (OAR 584-020-0040). .... Emphasis added. (My response sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 1:05 PM) Dear Mr. Ortiz, The purpose of the last letter was to try and contact you set up a time. If you could give me your dates and then I will check with my attorney on his dates and then we can all meet. God Bless You, Bill Diss 503-334-6183 My lawyer then tried to get information from them and here is part of the exchange: TSPC: I'd like to address some of your questions and suggestions. At this point in the process all investigation materials "are confidential and not subject to public inspection unless the commission makes a final determination that the person charged has violated ORS 342.143 or 342.175." Lawyer: I am not going to examine the investigation materials as a member of the public. I am going to examine the investigation materials as Mr. Diss' attorney. My lawyer then set up a date of February 18, 2009 after school and then TSPC sent the following email: Dear Mr. Leuenberger, Mr. Diss, Due to a miscommunication between our office and our counsel at the Department of Justice, a subpoena was issued for Mr., Diss's appearance at our office for February 27. As we have already arranged an interview for the earlier date of Wednesday February 18, 2008, at 4:30pm, we will meet on that date, and not the February 27th date. Thank you, George Finch Folks if you could send letters in support of my morals, I would certainly appreciate it. Other Important News: 40 Days for Life Feb. 25 - Apr. 5, 2009 We are asking all to help out in Portland for the National 40 Days for Life Event. 40 Days for Life starts on February 25, 2009 and ends on April 5, 2009. We will have a special vigil at the site on Feb. 25, 2009 at 1:00pm followed by a presentation at Holy Rosary by Silent No More, a group that ministers to post abortive women and men. Please sign up for 40 days for Life. More on Peninsula Plumbing I think most of you know that Planned Parenthood has picked Peninsula Plumbing to put in the special plumbing required for disposing of those precious little babies. As one owner of multiple abortion centers stated, "The clinics in Dallas use disposals so none of those crazy Pro-Lifers will come and get them out of the trash anymore and bury them the way they did... when the babies are so big they don't come apart like the others. Their muscle structure is strong that the heads come off from the body, and you can't dispose of those in the disposal." (More Information). Our Friends at STOPP placed this alert in their Wednesday report. Please stay informed about the national battle against Planned Parenthood by subscribing to the STOPP Report ; it comes to your Inbox every Wednesday. Send an email to stoppreport-request@lists.all.org and put 'subscribe' in the subject line. Help stop new PP facility in Portland, Oregon! We have received word that Peninsula Plumbing is a subcontractor for the construction of a 40,000-square-foot PP abortion facility in Portland, Oregon. Please call Peninsula Plumbing today and ask it to stop doing business with the largest abortion chain in our country. Construction has begun on this PP facility, but it is not too late for Peninsula Plumbing to back out of its subcontract with PP. Call Peninsula Plumbing at (503) 761-0500 and ask for Baron Adams, the project manager for this subcontract. You can also e-mail Peninsula Plumbing at info@peninsulaplumbing.com or write to it at 13520 S.E. Division St., Portland, OR 97236. Sample letters and letter writing suggestions can be found on Precious Children of Portland's web site (http://www.preciouschildrenofportland.org/contacts). Please do something! We have seen great success in the past when we've asked YOU to help spread the word. Let's do it again and help stop this business deal between Peninsula Plumbing and PP! Good News on Schools Helping and You Can Help Too: The following has been in our bulletin at school: "NHS students are organizing a Valentine Project to collect donations for the Pregnancy Resource Center. Donation boxes are located in the Library and the Main Office. Some suggested items: diapers (all sizes) , laundry detergents, dishwashing liquid, coats, shoes, hats gloves, warm socks, lip balm/hand lotion, baby wash/lotion/wipes, sweatpants/long pants/warm PJ's (children up to size 3T. Adults—all sizes" Call me for a pickup or you can just bring your items to 546 NE 12th Ave. in Portland right by the Lloyd Center. Taking Care of All Vices at Once: Gambling, Lust and Murder Planned Parenthood's Site that we HOPE will NOT be built is being funded by gambling money. (See Article). Please Let us Work in Unity to Preserve Life and Purity for Our Youth Great article on unity provided by a key person for life in Oregon. Planned Parenthood Expands in Portland A faithful reader just saw this on a bus bench, www.knowsexpdx.com where they refer children to teenwire.com and have quotes like, "... If you're having a busy month (more than your usual number of partners), " Folks, we have got to help our children be pure so that they stand a chance of having a successul marriage. Alternatively we can just let society crumble. God's Blessing for All and please write a letter or send a fax to assist me. Please persevere and never give up. We can always do something about sin. If we can't then we are saying the the Life, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord did not mean anything. I don't think we are saying that are we? God Bless You, Bill Diss 503-334-6183 Then he told them a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary. He said, "There was a judge in a certain town who neither feared God nor respected any human being. And a widow in that town used to come to him and say, 'Render a just decision for me against my adversary. 'For a long time the judge was unwilling, but eventually he thought, 'While it is true that I neither fear God nor respect any human being, because this widow keeps bothering me I shall deliver a just decision for her lest she finally come and strike me.'" The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says. Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" Luke 18:1-8 Sign at Site "Sustainable Solutions" For Whom ????

No comments: