From Catholic Jobs On Line
The Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon is searching for a qualified director for its Catechesis and Faith Formation Office. The Director is responsible for promoting and enhancing catechesis and faith formation at the parish and diocesan levels. The successful candidate will embrace the teachings of and be faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. The director will be a resource for and excel in supporting, training and forming catechetical and faith formation leaders in the Archdiocese of Portland.
• Assists the archbishop in his role as chief catechist of the archdiocese.
• In consultation with the archbishop, develops and implements a vision and plan for catechesis and faith formation that is centered on the Person of Jesus Christ and faithful to the teachings of the Church.
• Assists parishes in developing and implementing catechesis and faith formation programs for all ages that build a solid foundation for mature spirituality, genuine Christian living, fruitful ministry and generous outreach.
• Assists and supports parishes with sacramental preparation programs.
• Develops, implements and provides ongoing training, education and formation for religious educators, catechists, and faith formation staff.
• Collaborates with other pastoral offices to provide catechetical resources, training and instruction that will serve the faithful.
• Plans and organizes an annual in-service for directors of religious education.
• Plans and organizes an annual catechetical conference.
• Reviews and recommends catechetical materials and formation programs for use in the archdiocese.
• Advises pastors and catechetical staff on the training of parish catechetical leaders and volunteers. Recommends ways of implementing the principles of catechesis in parish programs. Provides resources upon request. Serves as a resource for clergy, religious education, sacramental preparation, RCIA, and faith formation leaders.
• Master's degree in Theology and a minimum of 6-8 years' experience as a parish Director of Religious Education or Faith Formation, including service on diocesan committees; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the required work and responsibilities.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of Catholic catechesis and faith formation, including the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.
• Thorough knowledge of Catholic ecclesial life and structure, along with knowledge of church organizational and operational procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally (including oral presentations) and in writing; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, parishes, schools, vendors, and the general public.
• Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, decision-making, use of discretion, teamwork, negotiation, public relations, fostering the Church's mission, independent judgment/action, presentations/teaching, supervising, problem analysis, theological/pastoral analysis and ability to handle multiple projects/priorities.
• Proficiency with computer and basic office software.
• Practicing Catholic required; valid driver's license required.
• Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
For consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing how you meet the above qualifications to email@example.com with Director of Catechesis and Faith Formation in the subject line.
About the EmployerThe Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon is the second-oldest Archdiocese in the United States, consisting of 124 Parishes, 22 Missions, 1 Seminary, 39 Elementary Schools, 10 Secondary Schools, and 2 Universities.
|Posted:||July 31, 2015||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||September 29, 2015||Experience:||5-10 years|
|Location:||Portland, OR||Education:||Graduate Degree|
|Category:||Pastoral Ministry||Base Pay:||Salary|